Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm here! And I have been tagged...

My friend Suzy tagged me on her blog (her link is on the side -- I still can't make a link work in my text because I am link-impaired!). It's a "seven random things" tag.

I have done this once before (in my April archives if you are interested),
but I am going to attempt to come up with yet another seven items. Because I KNOW you are just itching to know seven more highly important facts about me! *hee hee*

Here are the rules which must be posted on your blog if you are tagged.1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Here goes --

One: I try to keep my kids' movie collection in alphabetical order. It makes it so much easier to find the movie they want when they want it. It seems a little over the top -- but it saves me and them a lot of frustration!

Two: I used to LOVE cotton candy and would have to get it if we went to a carnival or festival of some sort. Couldn't resist it. Then one time my hubby got me some for my b-day and it just made me kind of ill -- I couldn't figure it out. I found out a few days later I was pregnant with my youngest child. I can hardly eat the stuff anymore! (a good thing I guess!)

Three: I am an only child of a single parent. My mom and I lived with my grandparents until I was seven.

Four: I grew up with mostly boys for friends. Once my mom and I moved out on our own, there were primarily boys in our new neighborhood. The only girl I knew was a bit wild -- she did mean things like cut the feet off of my Barbie dolls. (ha ha -- that just cracks me up now!)

Five: I once had a poem published in a book of poetry and thought it was the coolest thing ever -- until I got the actual book and realized even though it was a large, hardcover book -- they probably published EVERY poem submitted to them to get people to spend money on the book. I was seventeen and very naive!!!

Six: I am a pretty good bowler. I'm not sure if this makes me proud or embarrassed. LOL! I grew up in Northern Illinois -- my family didn't ski, swim or surf -- we bowled darn it!

Seven: I love old cheesy musicals -- one of my favorites is "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" which I own on VHS!

Okay -- many of my friends have been tagged so I may accidentally repeat names, but I will try these seven and see what happens -- Alice, Jeanne, Carolyn, Dawn, Scott, Jayne and Nancy.

And just a side note -- I have been neglecting all of you lately -- I have lots of blog reading to catch up on. My in-laws have been visiting and I have been busy! But I'll try to visit all of you very, very soon!

5 comments:

beth said...

fun list.

hope you are doing well!

Christi said...

too funny! I am telling you, we were separated at birth...I have Seven Brides for Seven Brothers on VHS too! :) smiles...

Shalini said...

Very interesting facts!!!

I missed your birthday, hope it was a good one. I have something that I want to send you and it should be in the mail soon...

Carolyn said...

I have now completed the mission of the tag. LOL

Like Christi I think we were separated at birth too. I'm a really good bowler. hee hee

Unknown said...

K - Lots of comments on this one. 1-we need to go bowling. The Mormon kids in my HS were notorious for their bowling skills (what else would they do with their time? he he - not sure I could even give you competition, but it would be fun)
2-I have a DVD to let you borrow. One of my fav's "The One and Only Original Family Band" - an old cheezy Disney musical....I LOVE IT!
3-I will find it for you after alpahbetizing my DVD's - what an awesome idea..don't know when I will get around to it or if it is even worth the try, since the kids will mess them up in two secs...but might as well give it one try.
4-I also had a poem published, but didn't fall for the book buying thingee...lol..only because I was 28 and married to a cheapskate.