
I've actually done a little scrap-
booking lately, so I thought I would share a page today.
Am I the only one who loves photos like this one -- where you capture two or more people walking, holding hands? There's something sweet about them, don't you think?
Another reason I love this particular picture is because there was a time not too long ago where I felt like my oldest son didn't give much thought to his little brother. He wasn't necessarily mean to him, but he just didn't engage with him much. It would make me a little sad for my youngest because he adores his older siblings. But finally -- thankfully -- my boys seem to be doing things together -- hanging out together. I can see the love they have for one another. It makes me feel happy inside.
I tell my children all the time how lucky they are and to appreciate having one another. They may not get it now, but I hope they will as they get older. I am an only child who always wished for siblings. I have brothers-in law and sisters-in-law now and I love them all, but I still to this day wish I had siblings of my own.
Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July. We did! But I certainly have my days all mixed up now. It does NOT feel like Saturday today!
That's all from me for today. Hope you enjoy the weekend!









6 comments:
I, too, love that photo and those like it! And it's so true what you are telling them, one day they will come to realize how nice it is to have siblings. This I say from experience LOL
Have a great rest of the weekend (that is speeding away too fast!)
ps...GREAT LO!
love the photo, they will sure appreciate one another as they get older! I have a few siblings you can have LOL but....I really would not trade them for anything.
Love those kinds of pictures, they are so natural when you capture them in the moment....and then they act like themselves again...lol
and as to your name for my kitty...since it is a BOY kitty, Maggie will not work...but I could easily rename one of the others....we have plenty!...lol Maybe a pair of sisters....Maggie and Rita!
Ughhh! My days are completely mixed up now, too! Feels like Tuesday even though it's Monday :0p
But the holiday itself was fun!
Great, great layout, Rita! And I definitely love those types of photos. I have a ton of various shots like that and you are inspiring me to scrap some of them :0)
My parents were only children and I know they both always wished they had siblings. My mom says the exact same thing you tell your children!
My days are still mixed up, Rita! I love those pictures, and that's an awesome layout!! Even though there are days I wish I were an only child, I guess I wouldn't give my brother away, either, although I might trade him for a puppy...
I LOVE your scrapbook page and I adore pictures like that- there is something so yummy about people walking together. Pictures like that seem to tell a story.
Post a Comment