Friday, October 12, 2007

Things I Am Not...

There are SO many things I am not...and we don't need to go into all of them, since you all have lives to get to...but let me just say...Martha Stewart, I am NOT!

I have been painting our kitchen and living room and I have discovered that although I THOUGHT I liked to paint -- I really don't like it much at all. I like the finished product (hopefully!), but the prep work, the mess, the time it takes away from everything else -- don't like that one bit. And being the brilliant human being that I am (ha!), I chose a dark color for the kitchen -- kind of a reddish brown (it's called "Wine Barrel") and it is quite difficult to make it look nice. Red is not an easy color to work with. So wish me luck on making my kitchen look good! :)

The living room on the other hand, is halfway done and I love the color. We actually are doing two colors -- one is called Egyptian Nile (it's a warm sagey/olive green) and the other Harvest Brown (a khaki-like color). If you're bored, you can check out all of these colors on the Behr website. (I would put a link here for you, but I am link-impaired -- I can never make them work right -- I know, I know -- pretty dumb -- maybe some kind soul can help me figure it out....)

This painting project is also giving me incentive to update the family photos I have displayed. I don't do that often enough. And my hubby gave me three shadow boxes (one for each child) for Christmas I have yet to do anything with -- I cannot decide what to do, but now I really want to figure it out.

And as promised in my previous post...I have drawn a name from my fellow "Annie" loving blog readers and the winner of my mini prize is....(drum roll if you please)....Mary Jo!!!! Woo Hoo! I will get something off to you soon my friend!

Alright -- enough rambling -- have a FANTASTIC weekend!!!

7 comments:

Picture This said...

You kitchen will be gorgeous when it is done, just you wait. I need to update my family photos too, I just realized I didn't even get the kids school pictures replaced in their frames from last year...yikes (where are they is the question...LOL) Congrats to Mary Jo.

DawnW

Linda said...

love the colors you chose Rita and i'm with you....i HATE painting walls! it is no fun but when you are finished....you love what you have done! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to MaryJo from me too. I know from personal experience how horrible it is to paint with red. Ny kitchen stayed unfinished for three years....it is now yellow.

My only word of advice....use a roller that is really think...there is a technical word, but I can't remember it. Anyhow, the fluffier the roller the more even the application...go figure?

Good luck.

Jayne said...

Wow...send some of that painting ambition my way! I'm getting the itch, but so far that's all it is, heehee....LOVE the colors you chose, they sound fab!

Carolyn said...

Not a painter here either. I also hate the prep work that is involved. But the colors that you are working with sound wonderful, and I'm sure when your done, you will have some stunning walls to look at, and all that hard work will pay off.

Congrats to Mary Jo!

Theresa said...

I'm not a painter either, I let DH do the hard bits (or is that he lets me do the easy bits!!), but the kitchen colour sounds lovely. Deep colour may take more work, but it's a great reward when it's done.
Have a good week.

Mary Jo said...

Woo hoo!
Thanks, Rita :0)

And Martha Stewart I am not either but I be your kitchen will turn out great! You are going to post photos when done right?