Last week my kids were on Spring Break. We were so busy all week long and I am so glad to be getting back into some sort of routine this week. We had fun -- but I was worn out by Friday!
A recap of our week -- my kids went roller skating for the first time (I hadn't been to a skating rink in YEARS! I think they all look exactly the same -- bad carpet, disco ball, colored lights on the ceiling...), we went to Chuck E. Cheese (always an adventure), we went to the zoo, out to eat, to the movies -- and of course we still had soccer practice & games, dance/gymnastics class and all the usual things to deal with -- whew! I'm getting tired just thinking about it.
Even my oldest son (who tends to feel like he's being cheated out of something if we aren't constantly having adventures!) said to me, "I have had a wicked Spring Break!"
(I then asked him if he knew what that meant -- to which he replied very timidly... "Well, not really..." But he knew it meant something good! LOL!)
This week I simply MUST get my house in order. It's a little mini disaster after last week. I thought I was getting things back on track this past weekend, but no...it's still a disaster as I look around this morning.
On a completely unrelated note -- my DH and I watched the movie "World Trade Center" last night. WOW! It was so well done. I told DH we need to buy the movie and watch it whenever we need a reality check -- a reminder of how truly blessed we are and how life can change in a matter of moments. Watching the film, I felt angry at the evil that took place on September 11th, but also so moved by the kindness and goodness that occurred. So many people helping each other out -- complete strangers drawn together by an unthinkable tragedy. There are so many times when I feel like the evil outweighs the good in this world -- it's nice to be reminded of goodness.
So I really must get moving this morning, but I think you need a new quote since I have been absent for so many days. I chose patience as my topic today -- because it's something I CONSTANTLY need to work on!
"If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow." ~ Chinese epigram
Have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
first of all, love that quote. :) Sounds like you had a very busy week! I've never seen that movie, but would love to see it...I may have to go find it.
Rita - I just have to say, I always love your quotes!!
We had spring break here last week, too. Lots of fun, but like you said it's a lot of work, too.
Rita...your quotes are wonderful. I loved the one about patience...it's something I need work with too...but I'm usually too impatient to try for too long.:)
Post a Comment